OSC/PILOT for Mac

hi guys! first off, this software looks INCREDIBLE and can’t wait to get my hands on it! Just curious is there anything in the works regarding a version for Mac?

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the feedback! Yep, definitely. It’s something I hope to get started on soon. No timeframe for it’s release yet though, stay tuned.

2 Likes

i was just thinking the same thing, since unfortunately i have just a mac.

awesome idea & product :sunglasses:

Hey! Yea just checked out the video and this looks awesome and simple to use, I too changed to iMac so really looking forward to mac version!

(incidentally I too am a dev with xp in mac and devices, UI, was wondering about any dev work/repo going I could perhaps contrib. too)

(edit: typo)

yay! im so freaking excited about this. thank you guys for being amazing.

I’m very curious about how that would work out, since to my knowledge there’s no Multitouch implementation in macOS!

What would be the ideal architecture? Separate Windows touch screen device connected to a Mac? I have a Mac but I am thinking this would be best running on a separate machine?

Huge bummer! I was so excited I just bought the license and it’s useless to me, since I run Mac. :frowning: Damn!

There are third-party drivers for touchscreens that enables multitouch for Macs. We just recently bought our second setup with a Dell touchscreen and a Mac Mini and the new rig running Catalina runs just as fine as our old rig running God knows what old version of MacOS. :slight_smile:

Here is the British company creating the drivers: https://touch-base.com/

Here is another potential user looking forward to a Mac version!

I‘ve used this driver before. It only supports multi-touch gestures, thus imitating the trackpad-gestures built into macOS, not true multi-touch afaik!

edit: also claiming this on their website.

I don’t think there’s any way to get true multi-touch support on macOS at the moment.

Any update on a macOS release date? I would love to implement this into my setup.

No ETA yet. I’m still working on it. Things are going well though

1 Like

would be super cool if you manage to do it!!! I’d love to stay on my macbook pro :wink:

I made an account just to chime in with support for a Mac version… but really what it needs to do is be programmable on a Mac and performable on an iPad.
Looking forward to what you come up with!

Beta version for macOS (not iOS) is now available here:

1 Like

Does anyone have any recommendations on using possibly an iPad to control the OSC/P Mac version ?

I tried touch base with m1 mini and it doesn’t pick osc pilot at all, only one point touch work

Yeah, I haven’t spent any time with touch-base. Just working on getting the software working on macOS using native features right now. I’ll look into touch-base soon though to see if it’s useful.

Looking at the docs for touch-base, I don’t see how it would work for OSC/PILOT. It seems like for macOS it only exposes gestures, not multi-position touches. Since things like pinch/zoom/swipe aren’t useful for OSC/PILOT, I don’t think it’s useful for us. So for multi-touch on a computer I think you’ll need to use Windows.
The good news is that I’m going to start on iOS soon, once I’ve reconciled the Windows/macOS builds back together into one branch.

10 point works with touch base not only gestures

but only on UPDD test window and not on osc pilot