OSC/PILOT for Mac

Oh interesting, the docs don’t make that clear. What kind of device are you using as the touch surface?

Im using
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0v4oOz this monitor with the m1 mini
and the driver for Hansung, TFX156T DEX Portable, USB

I wonder if there is something not so painfully expensive, 120eur for the driver is absurd

So, the program crashes as soon as I click “Free Trial”…

Thanks for trying it out and sorry you ran into this bug. Can you tell me what version of macOS you are running?

Hey @batmundo, I think I fixed the issue. If you want you can download build 1.4.2 from:

Awesome, looks like it’s working now. Thanks!

OSCpilot quit unexpectedly. Does not work at all

Hey, sorry about the issue. Which version did you download? The 1.3.5 or 1.4.2? I’ve updated the link to properly point to 1.4.2, which should work better.

its 1.4.2 i tried reinstalling, still same crash, maybe there is something because of M1 processor

Every now and then i get some error on the windows pc about updating video drivers or something, basically it crashes 2-3 times and then it works.

It’s not compiled for the M1 yet, but it should work under Rosetta I would assume. Are there any crash log files you can send me?
I think you can get them from:
Open the Console app from the ApplicationUtilities

Thanks for messaging me the crash log. I think this is now fixed. Can you try out build 1.4.3?

Works like a charm, well except for on screen keyboard which is invisible, anyway great job! how far is multi touch on your list?

Can you post a screenshot of the keyboard? Is it totally missing, or just the keys arn’t filled in properly?
No progress on the multi-touch yet. You do bring up a good point that a $150 driver is kind of a weird pairing for the $50 app.

It shows as darker window, and that driver seems to be free, my license ended a while ago but it still works.

Most likely, the easiest way to implement multitouch is by using TUIO. There are a number of different frameworks that are well documented, and that expensive ass driver (which I coughed up for), has a TUIO server built in to it that can be application specific (http://tuio.org/). Do it! I’m also a developer and have messed around with getting this to work in Max/MSP for far too long.

Yeah, just implementing TUIO myself seems like the best way forward for that. I just wonder how many people have TUIO capable touchscreens paired with their macs

Hey how is it going? How far is multi touch? Does multi touch work on newest Ipad?

No progress on this so far. I’ve been adding other features so far.