Jan 10, 2021
and directly at:
- OSC settings can now be saved per-project if desired.
- Buttons and Sliders widgets can now have the widget index put in a custom location in their OSC address by using the # character in the OSC Address. E.g /test/#/layer Will send /test/1/layer, /test/2/layer etc.
- Space character is now supported on the keyboard!
- Add support for sending to multiple MIDI Channels, Notes and Controls. MIDI fields can now have multiple values entered, space separated, and those widgets will send to all of those Channels, Notes and Controls. E.g Channel = “1 2” and Note = “5 10”, will send to (Channel 1, Note 5), (Channel 1, Note 10), (Channel 2, Note 5) and (Channel 2, Note 10)
- Some dialogs now have more opaque backgrounds to make them more readable.
Nov 15, 2020
Available directly at:
- Add ability to ‘Pin Widgets’ (all of them) in a Workspace, to avoid accidentally moving them around.
- Tweak how edit mode is entered/exited via dragging the upper/lower left corners to be more stable. Should result in exiting edit mode accidentally less often.
- Drag-Corner handles should fade more correctly when moving between workspaces now.
Oct 28, 2020
Note: Pre-Release builds are not ready for production work and are just for initial testing.
Available Directly At:
- Pad widget has ‘Touched’ OSC output value.
- Buttons and Pad (for Touched) widgets can now send strings and integers for their Off and On OSC messages.
- Buttons can avoid sending OSC messages for events if Off or On value fields are left blank
- Fixed Button Matrix widget not working correctly when buttons are set to circular.
Oct 19, 2020
WARNING : Files saved in this version will load up in older versions of OSC/PILOT with an extra / in their OSC Address parameters. Keep backups of your files incase you need to move back a version.
Available directly At:
- Lower Resource usage by trying to impose vsync on more systems, and limiting FPS to 120FPS if required, as a fallback.
- Improved text selection in Text Fields.
- OSC Address fields now deal with copying/pasting OSC Address values more intelligently. You can now copy the leading /, and pasting an address with a leading / will avoid a double // at the start of the address. This should make copy/pasting addresses from other software easier.
- MIDI selection dialog now has a scroll bar for machines with many MIDI devices.
- Fix case where a Slider that was saved at 0.0 wouldn’t send a message on first change
- Fixed Text Fields staying in-focus when ‘enter’ was pressed to finish editing.
- Fixed /Workspace/Select which was broken in build v1.1.1
Sept 20, 2020
- Button Widgets now have a ‘OSC Loopback’ mode. This causes the button to ignore incoming OSC messages, and send it’s message back into the OSC/PILOT app itself. Useful in particular to send custom messages such as /Workspace/Select to cause a button to change workspaces (without the need to into edit mode).
- /Workspace/Select OSC message now accepts -1 for ‘Move Left one Workspace’ and -2 for ‘Move Right one Workspace’
- OSCpilot.exe can now be started with a -show option on the command line, to disable entering edit mode entirely for that instance of the application.
- Fixed crash that occurs if an OSC message with no values (address only) is sent to OSC/PILOT. Resolume seems to do this in some cases.
- Fixed issue where .plt files would become un-openable if ‘infinite’ was sent to a widget.
Aug 24, 2020
- Sliders and Dial widgets can now have their value displayed.
- Button widgets can now choose the CC Value or Note Velocity they send then they turn on
- OSC values that are sent can now be changed to any range required. Defaults to 0-1
- Slider and Pad widgets can now send MIDI Notes, with the Velocity being their position.
- Fix some crashes on Windows 8.1 machines that can occur.
- Fixes to .dmp file creation on Windows 8.1 machines.
- Re-worked OpenGL initialization to avoid some crashes on startup.
- Better crash handling and .dmp file production.
Aug 8, 2020
- New NDI widget to bring in video feeds from NDI source. https://www.ndi.tv/
** Allow typing - character.
** We know the fact our keyboard doesn’t currently support space makes some sources impossible to connect to. Will be fixed in future releases.
- Button widgets
** Now have their own labels, no need to create a separate Text widget for them.
- Button and Keys widgets
** Add parameter to turn off border.
** Add parameter to control glow control strength.
** Add parameter to control drawing the background.
- Text widgets now support Auto-Sizing their font size.
- Widget editor is now hidden when no widgets are selected, avoids blocking some widgets on lower resolution monitors.
- Ctrl-A now works to select all widgets
- Widget palette (top bar) now resizes when the window is too small to fit the palette.
- Fixed ‘Instant’ transition mode resulting in blank widgets in some cases.
- Disable more keyboard shortcuts (arrow keys, del, undo redo etc.) when in Play Mode
- Fixed MIDI Note and CC values being off by 1.
- Fixed bug where widget colors could get changed in Play Mode if the color palette was left open in Edit Mode.
Please post any bugs in new threads describing them.