I've just come across this app but know nothing about OSC, don't own a tablet or a touchscreen. What are some things I should know before taking the dive?

Hi all, most of my studio runs in the box, so I’m familiar with hardware MIDI controllers. I run some stuff in Bome MIDI Translator and use Reaper as my DAW (which apparently has OSC), I like having things that are customizable/hackable. This is what drew me to Pilot as I’d love to design my own virtual control surface. However I have also jumped straight into things before without knowing anything about it and therefore not getting the best out of it.

What should I know before buying the license? What is a good touchscreen to buy?

Hey, welcome! It really depends what you are trying to do, and what your budget and requirements are. Happy to answer any specific questions you have. I don’t know much about touchscreen models though so I can’t offer much help there.

Based on input from this forum, I got a Dell P2418HT. Very happy with it. Resolution is only HD, that seems standard, but acceptable and full response.

Hi Malcolm, I don’t see myself spending anything more than £200 on a screen, as I still got an interface and other studio bits to buy for unrelated reasons. Visual quality isn’t so much of an issue for me, as long as it accurately measures touch.

I would like to use the app to control Reaper and also hardware too, will osc allow me to output specific values or set min/max?

Thanks for the recommendation stratospheric :+1:

Yep, give the demo a try out and you can see the full capabilities. You can set the OSC min/max range per widget.