Hi Joel, hi Team,
great launch of a great product, I wish you guys all the best!
After some testing here are my 2 cents regarding the functionality and workflow.
- The CC and Note numbering are both off by 1 meaning that the Note On message Nr. 62 is triggering a C#4 instead of the C4, same goes for CC’s - for controlling Volume (CC7) the user need to select CC8 in order for the Volume slider to work properly. I am sure this will cause some mess down the road if not fixed soon
- On smaller touch screens in the Edit mode the last few widgets are under the popup edit panel and can’t be used/dragged to the GUI (image, glsl, keys). Is there a way to put it on the left side of the screen if needed?
- I wish for Note velocity option in the Edit panel, some vsts respond to not only the note number but also the note velocity so this might be very welcome addition.
- Any plans for midi IN? It would be great to have some feedback whenever a DAW or external instrument is triggering that particular note (or CC for sliders).
- a “duplicate workspace” option would be great for quicker editing instead of building every widget from scratch on each workspace.
Maybe there is already a way to do the above but like I said, I gave it a quick spin to see what I can and can’t do with it for my clients that I develop systems for. If that is the case please let me know.
Other that that - A great product and I am glad we can finally forget Lemur and touchOSC and use OSCpilot natively with dedicated touch screen/s!
Cheers Joel & the Team!!!