Usability improvement requests

Upon playing around with the demo could the following feature requests be discussed? Please be aware that I am not knocking this program in its current design state as it will prove to be very useful and I understand this has just been released.

1. Instead of having to type in a font size for each box (trial and error), can the font size be adapted to the size of the box automatically via a toggle in settings to speed up layout design?

2. Is there any way to return a dial widgets value back to center with a double tap on the widget in live mode? I know the return to position XYZ exists but that only works when you’re holding your finger on the widget and release it. I’d like to be able to drag to set a value, release finger, value stays, change it multiple times if needed, and then quickly reset it back to center or zero instantly with a double tap or a tap close to the 12 o’clock position on the widget (or a custom default value entered in the widgets settings).

3. The ability to duplicate an item by tapping and holding on an existing item and then dragging to a new spot and releasing finger. Maybe with a sub menu that pops up after finger releases near widget to either duplicate existing values on the widget or create the same widget but with default values.

Thanks,
Pat

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll add the auto-sizing font to the next build. I’ll also log the other two suggestions. We currently don’t have double-click interaction in the UI right now so not sure where we want to go with that. Could be your other suggestion for #2 is more do-able though, and we’d give a dead-zone near the middle where if you hit anywhere near there it’d go to the middle. Sound reasonable?

Related question, what would you prefer to happen in the case where the label widget is isn’t high enough for the text? Do you want it to auto-fit both vertically and horizontally, or just horizontally and assume the widget will be sized high enough for the text?

No prob. Awesome thanks! Yea that could def work for #2. Is there a change log published anywhere?

Thanks,
Pat

Yeah I’ll likely make a sticky for the changelog when I post new builds. Auto-size is now added btw :slight_smile: (I’ll post a build in a day or two)

Ok cool, I̶’̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶u̶t̶o̶-̶f̶i̶t̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶t̶i̶c̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶o̶r̶i̶z̶o̶n̶t̶a̶l̶l̶y̶? I’m playing around with it now and I think if it’s constrained vertically and horizontally you could essentially type a label that’s too long and run into an issue where the text would be too small to read in the box. I wonder if you keep the font size from dropping below a certain point size would that alleviate the issue? You’d just be forced to keep your tag simple.

Seems like two sides of the same coin. Either way text that doesn’t fit will either be un-readable, or cut-off. I’m inclined to not impose a limit on the scaling. Give it a try when build 0.97 comes out and see how it works for you with it’s new behavior.