Linking to Resolume

Hello all!

I am so excited that this software has launched! I am buzzing to start using it and encorporating it into my sets.

Is it possible to link this directly to Resolume? Or does it have to go via Ableton, to be able to use it?

Many Thanks

UnGG0Y

Resolume naively supports OSC, so you can link directly with it:
https://resolume.com/support/en/osc

Let me know if you have any other questions.

I’m having trouble linking to Resolume … Resolume’s default osc listening port is 7000 so I changed Touch PIlots to 7000 as well and we should be game on right? But not seeing anything in resolume including in it’s osc monitor. Firewall is off. Any thoughts? This is running touch pilot and resolume on the same computer.

Just tested on same machine and works fine for me. below is screenshot of OSC/PILOT settings as well as relevant resolume settings

Are you using the OSC tags from resolume in the OSC address of your widget in OSC/PILOT?

Do you have OSC input and output eneabled in resolume preferences?

What did you set the “Listen On Port” for OSC/PILOT to?

Got it. Thanks so much team. It was a couple things. I’ll make a little dummy how to video next week as a contribution. Osc pilot to Resolume.

Is it possible to set buttons to be a group and mutually exclusive?

I built a grid of individual buttons and they have bi directional communication but are flashing on and off like a temp (piano mode). But I’d rather the one that’s on stay light up until the next in that group is pressed.

This is essentially to control the Resolume clip selection grid

well shoulda made that video back in 2020… coming back around to osc/pilot and excited, leaving touchosc again, but failing to get that initial communication again … wonder what it was back in 2020 haha … definitely making a tutorial video after this round! Anyway would love anyone’s input. I have firewalls off, have the osc address copied properly, but can’t get any communication from osc/pilot into resolume.

I’ve tried putting in Localhost to the host, not selecting project specific tab, etc, really every combination of these very few variables I can think of. Thanks so much for any and all help!

If OSC/PILOT is listening on port 7002, then I think putting 7002 as the outgoing port is correct in Resolution.
Similarly the Sent To port in OSC/PILOT should match the Incoming Port in Resolute

still no communication over here; sorry this photo looking stupid is the result of having changed every conceivable variable after the things that made sense to me didn’t work. Resolume is set to incoming port 7001, Pilot is set to send to port 7001. Osc address is copied correct and firewalls are off and i’ve still got zero communication. I"ll make a video later when someone else is in office to hold iphone … I can not see what i’m missing, sure it’s basic but would love to solve this basic communication so I can build out this custom rig!

Do you have any other OSC enable apps you can test with? Do you know TouchDesigner? You can easily test the OSC communication using the OSC In CHOP in there.

update, got communication working well but wasn’t having bidirectional feedback until recently. Meaning if I changed something in software it was not reflected on the osc pilot interface. I have it working now except only when osc pilot is running on same computer, NOT when it’s running on an ipad, which is how i use it. Here’s a little video showing the issue
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bnn3id5mb0hx4ti/IMG_0964.MOV?dl=0

What did you change to get it working on the local machine? That may be a hint