How do I actually type in a Float Value?

Hello !

Could anyone please shed light on how actually to enter a float value?

/composition/layers/1/video/opacity

If I want this set to 50%, how do I write it inside OSC Pilot so that it detects it as a float value? I so far haven’t been able to get it working

Thanks for reading!

UnGG0y

Hey, can you elaborate on your issue? Are you trying to send an OSC message from another app to OSC/PILOT that affects the Opacity of your widget?
Or are you trying to have a widget sent out 0.5 to your other OSC app? What kind of widget are you using?

Hello!
I am trying to send an OSC message from OSCpilot into Resolume. I want it so that when I press the button widget in OSCpilot, the opacity reverts back to 50% in Resolume.

This is the address for the the layer 1 opacity – composition/layers/1/video/opacity

So how do I set the specific value to 50%? It talks about ‘type tags’ and float values to a get a paramter to a specific value. I’ve attached a picture of where the OSC address is written in Resolume’s UI.

easy fix, just tested it to be sure:

create a button as shown below with the osc tag of the fader you want to return to a value and the value you want to return it to eg: /composition/selectedlayer/video/opacity and an off value of .5 and an on value of .5 with toggle unchecked.

whenever you press it the resolume fader goes to 50% and you can freely control it otherwise.

pretty handy.

Oof that’s juicy

Ahhhh I was running the older v0.96 of the software so I had the older menu controls! Brilliant I’ve just tried it out and it works a charm - so much potential unlocked cheers guys!

OSC_PILOT 05_09_2020 20_49_37 (2)