Send OSC without Argument

First of all, thanks for the constant support and updates with this software. It is far better than a lot of what is currently on offer given the power of its flexibility.

Can you add a feature to allow you to send an OSC command without an Argument?

I have seen further down in the forum that you pushed an update allowing the use of Integers and Strings and that is a great add, but I have a few applications that just require the command with no argument after. I notice that if I leave either the OSC ON or OFF fields blank it simply won’t send that command. I think there may need to be an option to send the command with no argument if the field is left empty. Equally if the user placed a special character in the box it would send On or OFF with no argument?

Possible or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback. Yea, there’s no way to do that right now. I’m trying to think what the UI would be that would allow for that. A special character wouldn’t work since it’s possible someone would want that character to be sent as their string. I’ll try to think of something though

Thanks Malcolm,

Understood on the character, that makes sense and may cause another issue later down the line for someone!

Maybe a simple tick box, to turn each field on or off? Or could this be global in the main settings.

Thanks.

Is it even necessary to change the UI for that?
What about sending the message without argument if OSC on/off are empty,
but an OSC address is given?

Currently that means don’t send the message at all. For example for cases where people want something sent when a button is pressed, but nothing sent when it’s released.

So this could still mean:
Both values empty, but address given → send address only.

But I understand that this is somewhat inconsistent, I was thinking from the “simple UI” side only. Maybe a check box “send address only” would be better, the presence of values could then decide WHEN to send the address.

Yeah that’s the issue, just clearing the fields doesn’t say when to send it. A checkbox would work for sure. I’m just always trying to think of ways to keep the UI from becoming overloaded with options